Sunday, December 16, 2007

Velo-Centerfolds

It’s not easy for an ADD kid who loves instant gratification to be patient. However, after my long-awaited final touches arrived this week (courtesy of ACF) I was able to complete two very much anticipated bike builds.

69er: Arguably my favorite bike I have ever owned.
26.5lbs out of the box.
Post Finkelstein’s “Pimp my Ride” transformation: Just a hair over 20lbs.



A mighty fine winter beater if I do say so myself. This is a titanium Kona Hei Hei that I have owned for some time. A few years ago, one of my students assisted in custom painting it. Because of the indestructible nature of Titanium, this frame seemed to be a suitable platform for this years W.R.C.S. race bike. It weighs in at a lean 18lbs. Can this set-up enable me to claw onto the podium this year? Will the German pay off Hermit-man to miscalculate points and allow him to beat me by a mere 11 points for a second year in a row? The competition will be fierce.


3 comments:

sworksredace said...

I hear there is quite a story about that 69er. Would you like to elaborate?

alexdolpp said...

Just remember, you're already 5 points behind...

Doug said...

I found the picture of the 'Finkelstein’s “Pimp my Ride” transformation' you did on your car:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/onemillion/732642876/