Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Who Cares? They’re Flying!!!

This past Sunday I had the privilege of watching the second day of Michigan’s only UCI Pro Cyclocross Race. I must admit, I was a bit taken back by the panache and finesse that is Jonathan Page. I regard local favorites such as Weinert, Card, Saari, Wissink, etc. as cyclocross gods. However, it is amazing to watch the level at which a world-class athlete such as Page is really at; you come realize how good, good really is. After witnessing first hand at close range the pain faces and suffering these riders subject themselves to, I couldn’t believe my price of admission was free as it was priceless in my eyes.

The race has inspired me to piece together my dilapidated rig that I call a cross bike and perhaps subject myself to some concentrated late season suffering.

Here are some of the highlights I put together…enjoy.

2 comments:

Timothy Finkelstein said...

FYI: This film was not sped up in any way. These guys were really going that fast!!! Hat's off.

Alan said...

Ride the lightening, indeed.