Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Caption Contest 3.0

Ben Renkema, former teammate and good friend, as he snags his first ever National title at Downers Grove in 2005, quite possibly one of my most favorite cycling photos of all time! Also, John Coyle, current teammate and Olympic medalist is to his left. Ben is featured throwing up two fingers on each hand for what I assume is representing his State Title he claimed just the week before and his newly claimed National Title…or it could just be promoting peace in the Middle East, I never really asked him straight out.


Ben is one of the few riders I know who has the apparent skill, drive, and talent to take his game to the next level. I look forward to seeing how his season develops this year as he makes the move to his new team TURIN, and to take pride in claiming that I at one time, shared a bed with him while on the road at Superweek.

13 comments:

Adam said...

you still owe alan and i from the first contest....and i dont believe you ever called a winner for the second contest did you?

tsk tsk

Timothy Finkelstein said...

I do owe you guys and I have a prize for you that I will bestow when the season is here...we can make arrangements. As far as the last contest, I apologize...I got lazy and never nominated a winner. Whoever wrote, "Closet Cyclist" was my favorite one.

This contest is not for a handsome reward but simply for the glory.

Thanks for keeping me honest.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cody said...

"I am not a crook"

Mike Livingston said...

"How do you like them apples"

Adam said...

well then looks like i'm 2/2 on winning caption contests HAHAHA

"YES! I hope someone takes a picture of this shit"

weak i know, but honestly, you need easier pics :) I do non motivational captions.

Alan said...

"Going to the Y-m,c,a!"

Kroske said...

2006 Superweek, Cedarburg classic, all pro field, and little Ben Renkema is in front with the big boys. We're so proud to scream his name he roars past with the pros from Kodak, Milram & Toyota. Around lap 40, no Ben, we see him running, cleats flying, to Jose with a broken chain. Just finishing would have been an accomplishment, but Ben managed a mid-pack finish... He still owes me 30 bucks for that chain.

Anonymous said...

'shared a bed with him'????

Timothy Finkelstein said...

You do what you got to do on the road to get by...especially at Superweek...don't persecute me.

Anonymous said...

Ok, sleeping your way to the top... We are all going to chuckle and point now.

Ben Renkema said...

Yea tim that is a great picture. Papa T bought that picture and framed it and gave it to me for a christmas present, I love him.

Hey Kroske i have your $30, I just keep forgetting to give it to you...

See you all soon

Timothy Finkelstein said...

And winner goes to the village people! Y-M-C-A!!