Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Weekend Catch Up: Armstrong Ties the Knot and Flying in Grand Rapids



This weekend I stood up in Matt Armstrong’s wedding. This was by far the most fun wedding I had ever been to!


The wedding started at the Rooster Tail in Detroit followed by a tasty happy hour immediately following the ceremony.

Then we were driven in a limo to the Ren Cen where we boarded the Oavation, a huge yacht.


At 10:00, we were treated to a fireworks show from the water.


As the evening went on and the drinks kept flowing, everything got a little blurry.




As we exited the vessel, we were treated by the culinary masterpieces of which is White Castle. It was my first time eating “a slider”. I must admit that after a liberal serving of whiskey and cokes, they were decadent!


The party then moved to Andiamo in the Ren Cen. We partied until 2:00 and I got down to “whoop there it is”.



On Monday, I raced the Gaslight Crit in East Grad Rapids. This race was very well run and a blast. It was crazy fast paced with an average of 27.5 mph. It ended with a sprint finish and as usual I was watching it all happen in front of me. I felt good the whole race though and was somewhat active.

And without further ado, this weekend’s recipient of the “Who Cares, I’m Flying Award” goes to Raymond Dybowski. Ray completed the tri-fecta (pro 1-2, Masters 35+, Masters 45+) and won money in every race! It was pretty cool to see him launch Danny Klein like a cannon from the back of the pack with three to go. Unfortunately, the move did not stick.



The race did include a pretty cool commemorative glass…at least I didn’t go home empty handed.

No comments: