Monday, July 30, 2007

Come on, let’s just have one…


I actually have to work Monday through Thursday of this week and the next. Somehow it seemed like a good idea in May to sign up for some extra salary supplement by substitute teaching for some of my district’s year round programs. I’m not sure how all of you do this “work thing” in the summer. I only have to work eight days and it is misery. In case anyone hasn’t noticed, it is warm and beautiful outside…why are you working at a desk?

So after a week of 330 miles of racing I decided to ride the Monday night recovery ride out of American Cycle and Fitness, Royal Oak. About half way through the ride I was excited to see the German Kaiser Alex in attendance. When he spotted me, he quickly proposed the idea of “a beer” at Royal Oak Brewery after the ride. I had a lot of TCOBing I had planned to do post ride, but I had not seen Alex in awhile. Reluctantly I agreed. It is now 11:30, I just got home from the 6:50 ride and had quite a difficult time keeping my bike straight on the way home. Needless to say, the concept of “A Beer” does not exist, especially when you are in the company of the borthers Chase, Hermit-Man, Pat and Kristen, Alan Smith, and the biggest Hasselhof fan you have ever met!

No comments: