Saturday, August 4, 2007

Never let them out number you!





Yesterday Angela and I took my three nephews to C.J. Barrymore’s to celebrate Conner’s (the middle son) birthday. We played a rousing game of putt putt and then hit the track for some 5hp action. I think I ran a pretty good race but Conner was able to get a lap up on the field. In retrospect, I regret not putting him in the wall early on in the race and establishing dominancy.


In all honesty, these guys wore me out. My brother and his wife are out numbered for the rest of their lives by these boys. I may complain about overlapping race schedules and not getting my total daily desired training hours in, but these two are in the trenches everyday. Band aids, juice boxes, dirty socks, laundry, bathing them, feeding them, driving them to events, constant states of surveillance, antibiotics, doctor’s appointments, toys, batteries, schooling, birthday parties, etc…the list of responsibilities is intimidating and overwhelmingly long!

So, although my brother Don does not ride or race a bike avidly…he still receives the “Who Cares? I’m Flying” award this week for keeping up with his three high-octane boys.

So let’s all tip our glasses of pedialyte to Don…”Who Cares? You’re Flying”!

1 comment:

Immanuel Mel Ott Coordinator said...

Brother Tim…my bike riding career ended prematurely at the age of 14 when my bike peddle snapped and I flew ‘ass over apple cart’ over my handle bars (damn Huffy!) After spending the weekend in the hospital nursing a concussion, fractured cheekbone and a snapped ankle…I decided competitive biking was not for me. It was safer to demonstrate my athletic prowess on the basketball court, baseball diamond and football gridiron.

I’m honored by your nomination, but the award should really go to Melinda. She is in the trenches 24/7/365. Instead of pedialyte…how bout tipping a Margarita glass her way? Three high-octane boys (well, four if you include me) is enough to drive anyone to drink!!

Cheers! To Melinda…