Thursday, August 23, 2007

There is a theatre in my house!


Through sheer luck and a perfect aligning of the planets I was able to acquire a 1080i HD digital projector this week for a very small price. Since then, I have become OBSESSED with building the most sensational theatrical experience possible in my basement.

Friends and family can look forward to weekly movie nights, outdoor bonfire movies, and PowerPoint presentations in my basement.

I’m taking suggestions and compiling a viewing schedule…please recommend any movies you would like to see on the big screen and in full Dolby Digital Surround, I will see if I can work them into my airings ASAP.

5 comments:

JBrandt said...

I've got a great PowerPoint presentation that fuses the Maginot Line's failure with Shakespeare's clothing motif in Hamlet. Get back to me on a date for the initial viewing.

Immanuel Mel Ott Coordinator said...

Not sure why I remember this from my LHN days many many years ago...

Brevity is the soul of wit...

meaning...

Young Finkel is in love, not with Ophelia, but with his new in-house theatre...and could be viewed by some as mad (ie. crazy)!

Let me know when you have Shakespeare Night...the three Finkel boys need some culture...

Sincerely,
Polonius

alexdolpp said...

ROCKY!
ROCKY!
ROCKY!

The Bonsall's said...

WOW, i look forward to the movie nights:):)

Unknown said...

Iceman: You're everyone's problem. That's because every time you go up in the air, you're unsafe. I don't like you because you're dangerous

Ricky Bobby: Nobody plays jazz at the Pit Stop!
Jean Girard: Then why is the song on the jukebox?
Bartender: We use it for profiling purposes. We also have the Pet Shop Boys and Seal

I'll give this little cookie an hour before we're doing the no-pants dance. Time to musk up.
[opens cologne cabinet]
Ron Burgundy: Wow. Never ceases to amaze me. What cologne you gonna go with? London Gentleman, or wait. No, no, no. Hold on. Blackbeard's Delight.
Brian Fantana: No, she gets a special cologne... It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.