Monday, February 11, 2008

Same rig…revamped design…new look.


Once again, thanks to our good friends at American Cycle and Fitness, Bontrager Components, and Lemond Racing Cycles, the WSC Elite team will be swinging their freshly shaven legs over these gratuitously carbon fiber adorned steeds in 2008.


Lemond upped the ante this season by offering the lightest frameset available on their Dura-Ace equipped Victiore, the triumphe ultimate carbon. I just built mine up last week and am proud to announce that it has joined the ranks of one of the lightest bikes I have ever had in my stable, weighing in at a lean 15 lbs…a weight that would make any anorexic supermodel jealous. In addition to the frame upgrade, Lemond redesigned the rear seat stays to maximize any unnecessary material to reduce weight. The bikes design integrity follows the min/max philosophy: maximum amount of material where necessary (high torque/load bearing and flex areas) and the minimum where unnecessary.




Complete with a beautiful candy metal flake red, the new Victiore is sure to catch an eye or two in the 2008 peloton.

8 comments:

Doug said...

And red goes faster.

Man, that thing looks so nice, you might just want to hang it on the wall to look at it, forget about getting it dirty at some bike race.

Or am I just seeing 15 coats of wax and polish?

cody said...

do you have to switch brake pads every time you go from the X lites to the X aeros?

cody said...

...or whatever they're called

Anonymous said...

You are my hero....

Timothy Finkelstein said...

You don't have to switch the pads but it is recomended so I often do. It only takes a few minutes, I only race on the aero carbons so I just switch them when I get my bike ready tp race.

Anonymous said...

Does this mean no more yellow kits in '08?

Anonymous said...

That is cool I have one but it is decked out with 105. I like my bike to be heavy to give everyonr else a chance to keep up.

Anonymous said...

That is cool I have one but it is decked out with 105. I like my bike to be heavy to give everyone else a chance to keep up.