Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Tale of two Gentlemen: Young Buck and Old Dog


This is Robert. Robert likes to ride bikes in the dirt. Robert is also roughly as old as dirt.








This is Tim. Tim likes to ride bikes on the smooth pavement. He is a young lively energetic lad. Tim looks up to Robert for the ungodly miles he rides each year and for his stylish look.



One beautiful day, Robert and Tim met on a park bench and shared a few laughs about their differences in riding preferences. Robert told Tim, “Anything you can do, I can do better”. Tim replied, “Well, I haven’t seen you riding your bike too much lately”.

Robert retorted, “that is because my back hurts now when I ride a bike, but in my day…not only could I throw a football a quarter mile while wearing painted on silver pants and playing a rocking Queen guitar solo…but I could also ride farther and faster away from any peloton I encountered”. Tim instructed the old man to prove it. The two then shared a sheepish laugh and went on their merry ways.




The very next day, Tim received this photo in his email inbox.

2 comments:

Robert said...

Nice...

Happy Valentines Day!!!

I.W.Y.R.N.!!!

TheBrothersChase said...

i might have just went pee pee a little bit due to laughing so hard...nice ride up