Friday, June 6, 2008

Coasting into summer vacation!


I usually don’t use this blog as a forum to showcase any other aspects of my life outside of cycling. However, in tune with Kelley P’s latest post, most recently I so was proud of what my students and I created as an end of the year Physics project that I was compelled to share.

As the school year ends, many teachers are struggling to stay focused and motivated to do anything of academic benefit short of a final exam. Our year-end wrap up has manifested into designing and constructing a fully functional roller coaster. This task elicited students to apply the laws and principles of forces and motion they learned throughout the year. I must say, I was quite pleased with the final product. Most importantly, this project gave me motivation to drag myself out of bed at 5:30 every morning with vacation right around the corner.