Saturday, April 14, 2007

All good things must come to an end.

4/13-4/14/07


Today was the last day of yet another very memorable trip. We can’t complain too much, no one got hurt, we didn’t have a major car trouble, we all got along for the most part and we were all pretty much at the same ability level so there was not a lot of waiting around.

That being said, I do have a few complaints I would like to air about my fellow traveling partners:
1. Danny’s gas the final day was intolerable, my car has intense residual locker room stench.
2. The German and I butted heads about musical taste. Seems he was very upset I did not have any David Hassellhof. (You know how Germans like there Hassellhof)

3. Danny hurt my feelings with comments about my posterior.

4. Both company made me feel uncomfortable with their crass language and inappropriate cultural slanders. (B M Double V)
5. All Alex wanted to do was hunt F.U.P.A. but when he found it, he was too shy.

All of the above statements are merely facetious, there aren’t too many people I would be able to tolerate 20+ hours of drive time and 25+ hours of ride time with. Everyone who participated on the trip I hold in the highest regards and consider close friends of mine.
Thanks Alex, Dan, and Eric. Special thanks to characters such as Frank (for his colorful language), Jonathan (for his vast music knowledge), Tim (for just being an all out nice guy) and Allen Smith (for hooking it all up).

For a finale dessert, we rode Bull Mountain at a very easy pace with lots of time for photo opportunities. The trail was very nice and scenic with some nice long, fairly technical ascents and some ripping descents.


After the ride we decided to attempt driving through the night with the hopes of racing Waterford the next day. At 2:00am we cried uncle and threw in the towel by settling in at Days Inn just outside of Cinncinatti. The next morning we slept until 9:00, ate a tasty continental breakfast and traveled onward. We reached RO at around 1:15 (just enough time to not race). So we ate at OM in Ferndale. It was a beautiful macrobiotic lunch that cleansed the soul and the lactic acid in our legs. I dropped off the two lads, headed home, unpacked and took a quick spin to get the car legs out.

Tomorrow is another day and another race…stay tuned.

2 comments:

Shawn said...

Hey Man, sounds like you guys had a great trip! I am so jealous. Welcome back.

BigE said...

Hey brotha, glad to see you made it back safe and sound. When I finish up the trip we should get some recovery fuel at the Black Lotus.