Thursday, April 12, 2007

Six Gaps of Pain!

10,300 Feet of Climbing.

Driven by boredom induced by relatively flat rolling hills, we looked to the mountains today. After being fueled by the sub-par quality of the Waffle House, we headed towards Dahlonega to check into our hotel.

The mission was to complete the notorious Six Gap Century. We started riding at 12:00. Dan and I had ridden all of these climbs last year but never in sequence. My ride motivation was much like the course, up and down. Every ascent I found myself cursing at life and contemplating why I ride bikes. More specifically, why would I want to ride them uphill for miles upon miles? As soon as I would summit, I would think to myself, “That was awesome, lets do it again!”


The miles actually piled up quite quickly, finishing with a ride time of 5hr 35min and 5046 calories burned.

Longhorn Steakhouse was our venue of choice for replenishment…good times…good laughs…and big glasses of cowboy pop.

Only one more day until the return to Motown where the drivers are irate by the sight of grown men on two-wheelers and busy juggling there Starbuck’s, Cell Phones, PDAs, iPods, and other distractions…man I miss home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Waffle House = IHOP (or as i like to call it (Ipuke)