Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Rolling towards Ecstasy

We got a late start today due to some mechanical difficulties. Finally rolled out by 1:00. Paced lined it for the first 50 miles. After yesterday’s riding mileage binge my legs felt terrible.


50 miles in we stopped at Senoia Coffee Co. which seemed to be a gift from above at the time. The southern folk were very welcoming there and insisted on chatting with us the entire time.


Apparently Alex seems to get bored of trees very easily so he decided we must find a lake to ride by. 20 miles later we were again lounging in rocking chairs, starring at a lake, and realizing that life doesn’t get much better. Although my average heart rate was high, my blood pressure was low and my stress levels were virtually non-existent (which will make Angela very happy when I get back).

However, on the way home we were once again stopped by Alex due to mechanical difficulties. I think all of his German ingenuity was harnessed into his navigating abilities and not his bike maintenance skills.

The day left us 14 miles short of our goal, but we were all happy and ready to take in some recovery oat sodas. 386 miles in 4 days so far.

No comments: