Monday, June 4, 2007

The Cyclists Way of "Evening Up"


So this season I decided that I am tired of being embarrassed every time I take my shirt off in a “non-velo” environment where people are not used to seeing two-colored individuals. When you spend 2-6 hours a day on the bike throughout the entire summer in the same cut jersey, you are liable to develop some interesting tan lines. I have been two distinct colors for the past several seasons(mocha and egg shell white). Sometimes I would glance at myself in my birthday suit quickly, and fool myself into thinking I still had a white t-shirt and briefs on.

However, this season I am committed to becoming one color. This was one of my solutions to start. The leg and arm warmers provided the necessary blockage to focus on the "problem" areas. I will keep you all posted with my progress.

4 comments:

SMH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the MICHIGANSCENE said...

this is kinda sketchy, even for us.

JBrandt said...

Perhaps you should ride with your Team-Minimal Kit. There may be more honking and gawking than you’re used to but think of the money you’d save.

Shawn said...

Paris sais, "That's Hot!"