Sunday, June 24, 2007

Pretty…Pretty nice little Saturday actually

I am going to confess a glinting thought of mine I had this weekend. For the first time in many moons I prioritized textbook Midwestern “suburban” duties over cycling and preparing for this weekend's TT. I spent Wednesday through Saturday doing some home landscape improvements.


I have always had an addictive personality. It has seemed to manifest itself in many different areas of my life at times (i.e. cycling, yo-yoing, recently kickball, music, snowboarding, etc.). Everything I have ever become interested in I have dove into head forward with passion. I can see myself already moving in that direction with this whole home ownership thing.

The idea of home ownership/pride was something I never understood nor really wanted to. However, somehow one day I woke up and I was a homeowner. The thought still always passes through my head, “am I crazy?…what have I gotten myself into, now I’m just going to get married, have kids, get fat, and settle into the woodwork with the rest of the suburbanites…I’ll never ride my bike fast again”. I have always viewed my passions as what define me.

Balance is the key I need to strive for. This is something I’ve never been good at but need to be. There are many people in my life that have full-time jobs (that work 12 months out of the year), have kids, homes, and still fly on the bike. Perhaps this endeavor will aid in some much-needed self-improvement. Damn, I may be growing up…I managed to dodge it for so long.

I move in this Tuesday…any strong individuals who would like to show up throughout the course of the day to move stuff from my POD are welcome.

Below are some pics of my landscaping achievements. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, but it seemed to turn out ok. Special thanks goes out to my father, Angela, and Heather for the extra assistance and idea consulting.

BEFORE:

AFTER:



Oh and by the way, no TT race report detail from today…just one word…debacle, we'll leave it at that.

5 comments:

alexdolpp said...

Gotta work on Tuesday, but I could help you in the evening (if you are not planning on being on the bike). No riding for me anyhow...

Immanuel Mel Ott Coordinator said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Immanuel Mel Ott Coordinator said...

Comments from the eldest Finkel boy...

got married...check.

had kids...check...I've got 3!

got fat...check...ok, could stand to peal off a few!

It's the daily affermation of Stewert Smalley (SNL bit)that get's me by. I'm good enough...I'm strong enough...and gosh darn it, people like me! The suburbanite woodwork isn't that bad.

Let me know when you have Finkel-palooza in your new digs. Maybe I can join you for a little Late Night streaking...

signed,
Frank the Tank!

Bunker said...

Look great. I would love to help you but I live in Texas.

sworksredace said...

Brandon lets but some stock in Home Depot....