Sunday, May 25, 2008

My Personal Vision Quest


Last week during a rain induced trainer session I watched the film Vision Quest. I’m not sure how this classic ever slipped by me, but this was the first time I had the privilege to watch this inspirational masterpiece.

A lot of people have criticized my choice to focus my season around a 24-hour solo race. However, after watching this movie I realized this race and its entire concept is my vision quest.

In the film, Matthew Modine’s character plays a high school wrestler who decided to do the perceived as impossible mission of moving from the 190 weight class to 168 in order to match “The Schute”, an unbeatable horse of a person.

The 24 hours is my “Shute”. I’m on a vision quest.

Vision Quest-Quest and journey for vision, your gifts, purpose and path of heart.

No comments: