Wednesday, October 3, 2007

20 miles and running…

Yesterday I ran my final long run before the Marathon; 20 miles around the recreational trail at Stoney. This was a much different view than the 25 mph one I am used to on the road. I watched from the trail as fellow teamates and cycling comrades rode around my typical circle without noticing me. At one point, as I watched Robert Dobbie ride by I yelled out to him only to observe him keep his head straight and focused on the road and not even look my way. My fellow cyclist, my fellow cylist, why have you forsaken me. October 21st will come and go soon...I can soon return to the two-wheeled world.

Today, stairs hurt more than they ever have before, my max speed is very slow, and every move hurts.

20 miles is way too long to run when you could just ride a bike.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to my world!!!

SMH said...

Good luck with your run Tim! Hopefully this run will help to get your head back on straight so you will want to ride bikes again.

Tikky and I will return to D-town mid-November so perhaps you will make another house warming party attempt.

TheBrothersChase said...

i dont know if you know this or not but running is over rated!!! anyways good luck in the race!!

Immanuel Mel Ott Coordinator said...

Hey Tim…you forgot to mention 60 miles and WALKING!!!

20 miles times three days = 60 miles = $20K raised by the Steps of Faith walking team to put an end to breast cancer...$5.6M raised in total last weekend.

If you have no idea what I am talking about...check out www.the3day.org

Yes, this has been a paid advertisement by Melinda Finkel!

the MICHIGANSCENE said...

let us know how it goes, your up for Tms person of the year!