Monday, October 27, 2008

Dragon Gap "Fall Harvest" MTB XC Race Report


Although this race was low in attendance, it provided a great opportunity to get some intensity work in before the big show. After waking up indecisive whether or not to race I was happy with my choice as the downpour of hail started just after crossing the finish line. The course was interesting; a great mix of cyclocross style, double track Iceman prep, and a bit of single track. Joeberon set the pace high from the gun and we were off. After sitting on Joe’s wheel for the first lap we realized we had quickly left the field long behind. However, later in the race I faltered on a corner, came out of my pedal, and Joe was able to get away from me. I kept the gap to Joe fairly close for the rest of the race but was unable to catch him. I rolled in for 1st place in my age category and 2nd place overall. I was satisfied with my result, and glad I rode my Trek Top Fuel 9.9 as the course was fairly rough.

Thanks to Lake Orion High School for organizing a late season race!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet! I made The Finkelstein blog. Mission accomplished :) Thanks Tim! Good to see ya Sunday. Sorry we missed the Wolverine's Movie in R.O. Next time.

See you at Iceman!

Joe

Timothy Finkelstein said...

FYI Joe, there is a second viewing this Sunday Nov. 2nd same time, same place (Royal Oak Main Art Theatre, 6:30) if you are interested...see ya at Iceman.

Tim