Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Pleasure and Pain.

In any trying times, music has always been a solace for me. It seems in recent times, certain lyrics ring louder in my mind and resonate deeper in my psyche than ever before.

This is the song I listened to in my car, hand clenched tightly to Angela’s hand, during the funeral procession.

It helps me to make sense of something so confusing. Although I have felt some of the most intense sorrow I have ever experienced in my life over the past month, I give thanks I’ve had my sight to see through it all.

I have felt pleasure, and I have felt pain. I know that I can never be the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite songs of all time. I'm glad that it helps you through this time.

I was reading the Old Testament this past week... about Moses and his incredible life. When God took him, he wasn't too old or weak to go on leading his people; God just said, "That's it. Your job here is finished. You've done a good job, and now I want you to be with me." And Moses didn't want to. He wasn't ready, but that wasn't God's plan for him. I think that's how it was with your brother. God wanted Don with him. He probably has always thought Don was pretty cool, and he wanted to bring even more good times to heaven.

I'm praying for you a ton Tim. I'm here if you need me.

- Sarah

Timothy Finkelstein said...

Thanks Sarah...means a lot.