Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My vicarious sentiments…

I’ve been at a loss for words to describe my feelings after hearing about the cancellation of the 24hr National Championships at Big Bear as well as the 24hrs of Nine Mile. Both events were major goals on my schedule this season. It’s one thing to aim for a target and miss, but to have the entire target completely yanked from your site is a bit devastating. I’ve wanted to write out my reaction to all of this for sometime now but just couldn’t find the energy or correct articulations. However, I stumbled upon this video today and ironically Hitler has concisely summed up my emotions on the subject.

2 comments:

John Brandt said...

Oh, I'm stealing this idea for future Mustang videos. Ha! Too Funny

Anonymous said...

PRESS RELEASE FOR March 20, 2010

March 20, 2010

Wausau24 will be held on July 31- August 1st, 2010 at Nine Mile Forest in Wausau Wisconsin.
Muddy Paws Racing is working directly with the Marathon County Park department to use the Nine Mile Forest trails including lodge rental and all logistical support from the county for this race weekend.
MPR is a Wisconsin event promotion group focused on “promoting dirt in the Midwest.”
Full details including registration and event schedule will be available at Wausau24.com April 2nd, 2010. Updates are currently being posted to the facebook group “Wausau24 hour MTB race”. We invite the racing community to provide us with feedback to make this a fun and professional event. The goal in 2010 is to provide an excellent racing experience to all participants, make the entry structure competitive, and have everyone heading home with a smile and marking their calendars for the event in 2011.