Monday, March 8, 2010

Remnants of my Past

Many people who interact with me on a daily basis and are people whom I consider very close comrades have no idea that at one point in my life I made a living traveling around and playing with a yo-yo. This is no joke! Before all of my efforts and energy were channelled into turning the cranks over, I got paid to perform yo-yo shows for all ages. It was a lucrative gig and I can truly say I lived the dream. I think the only thing that can top it would be getting paid to roll around on two-wheels day in and day out.

Recently, American Cycle and Fitness decided to exploit my random talents and put together some entertainment for Travis Ott (Marketing Director at Gary Fisher) and the rest of the gang from Fisher Bikes/Trek.

Below are some of the highlights of the shenanigans that ensued…enjoy. Special props goes out to anyone who can guess the origin of the soundtrack.

5 comments:

Dana (Baurhenn) Meske aka Zuul said...

"What is the 1986 Soundtrack to "Rad"?"

Alan said...

Impressive yo-yo skills (the non-flicking the yo-yo at a match for 5 minutes part). I used to have a fascination with yo-yo-ing, but never got anywhere near as good as that.

RC said...

Dude,

Way too easy with the soundtrack. Anyone who knows the Finkelstein also knows that Rad is one of your top five movies and soundtracks of all-time.
ricardo

tomz said...

that was crazy! lol josh was brave ----

Dan Frayer said...

Was that Brian Yost I saw in the background.? I owe every single podium finish to his mechanical abilities.