Friday, April 18, 2008

Waterford Thursday Night Worlds: We got a great thing here!

What can I say but finally some great midweek training races in our own backyard! No more worrying about if the tunnel or the bridge is faster…no more settling for sub-par former hockey player java…no more tolls…no more leaving the country every other Thursday. In all honesty, I will miss Ciaciaro, that short circle has a bit of charm to it that has always been alluring to me. Also, it served as a cheap but honest way for me to claim that I am an “International Racer”.

The turnout last night hosted arguably the strongest field we have seen thus far in the spring semester of MichScene racing. A big thanks goes out to all the teams who showed up to balance out the punches and keep the racing interesting and challenging.

Sparing the details, I will say that the WSC team once again raced in brilliant orchestrated synergy and cohesion thrusting 4 riders in the top ten including Dan Klein (1st), The Godfather Dybo (3rd), Myself (8th), and Cruise (9th).

Overall, I was pleased with my performance but realize as the season approaches and the bigger engines start rolling, if I am going to achieve my season goals…it’s gut check time!

1 comment:

sworksredace said...

who is the guy in the red jersey? He looks familiar. Is that a road bike he is wielding?