Saturday, March 7, 2009

Superfly: Not just a name anymore. Now a metaphor for my life.


The call came at 10:28pm on my 30th birthday, 3/3/09. Preceding everything, it was a great day; 5 hours in the saddle on a workday. I was happy, I was thankful for my life, I was feeling blessed.

There is nothing one can do to prepare for the sudden, unexpected loss of a brother. I am left without words. This was not something that was even in my mental repertoire of possibilities. It is the unimaginable, the unthinkable, and the unbelievable.

My brother admired what I did and was proud of me. I was proud of him. He was a role-model to me and everyone who knew him.

We shared a heart full of passion.

He loved life, his family, and his Creator.

His verse: Isaiah 40:31

"But those who wait on the Lord

Shall renew their strength;

They shall mount up with wings like eagles,

They shall run and not be weary,

They shall walk and not faint."

What is a bike? Two wheels, a frame, some components… it’s a temporary vehicle and inanimate without heart.

Just like our existence, what you put into it, gives it life.

Some put in more than others.

He put his soul into whatever he did.

I will too…always rolling forward, with wings like eagles. I will honor Him.

6 comments:

Soupy said...

Tim, I'm terribly sorry for your loss. I hope you'll find strength in the coming days. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Kroske said...

Thoughts and prayers my friend.

the MICHIGANSCENE said...

tim, you and your family have been on the minds of the folks at TMS.

AB said...

Tim, I'm so sorry for your loss, and your family is certainly in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Tim, you are a role model to me, and many others I'm sure. You're going to kick some ass in Alberta!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tim,

So sorry about the loss of your brother. I'll be thinking of you and wish you and all of your family the best during this difficult time.

Live long, ride strong my friend.

Joe Brzuchanski