Tuesday, April 17, 2007

"Who Cares?...I'm Flying!"

I obtained this quote from the great Ray D. on a road trip about three years back. It refers to the attitude one takes when he/she negates all responsibility and all other priorities to focus on nothing but riding and racing. We were in the car driving back from previewing the Tour de Leelenau course, it was about 1:30am, and I had my first day back to work from summer vacation the next day. I should have been concerned with getting proper rest for the physical shock of going back to work the next day after 2.5 months of vacation. But Ray justified everything with a few simple words…”Who cares? You're flying”!

Sure, I probably missed some quality vacation time last week I could of spent resting and relaxing, hanging out with my family (whom I love), and doing things that most normal people do when they don’t have to go to work. However, I choose to spend my vacation riding my bike ungodly miles. I felt exhausted and my legs were dead when I got back this Saturday. However, I finally feel recovered now and felt really good on the B-Ham ride tonight…soooo…”Who Cares?…I’m flying”!

No comments: