Saturday, July 14, 2007

I’m a Cowboy, on a steel horse I ride…I’m wanted dead or alive!


This past Wednesday Ang and I celebrated her birthday with a little horseplay. We went equine galloping at Maybury Stable. However, having frequented Maybury on the MTB for several years now, I have grown accustomed to a faster pace. The trusty steeds of Maybury were VERY slow. For the most part we simply walked at leisurely pace with a few instances of trotting. As more of a “speed oriented” fella, I decided to fall to the back of the equine peloton and get some interval workouts in with old Mr. Slick (that was the name of my horse). Every so often I would pull on the reigns of Slick, bring him to a halt, let the pack get about 100 feet away or so, and then give him a swift kick to light a fire under his butt. This was pretty fun; I was starting to feel that the horse was benefiting from my Chris Charmical influenced riding session. Everything was all fun and games until the teenage trail guide yelled at me and informed me that what I was doing was a good way “to get bucked”. I informed her that it was ok because I was a Cowboy…she didn’t buy it.

No comments: