Monday, August 27, 2007

Back to the Grind: The Art of Work Avoidance


Today I voluntarily went back to work to try and make some feeble attempts at some early year preparations. Although not under contract obligation, I thought it would be a nice idea. Overall, I would say the day was quite a success…below is the timeline of my progress.

7:00 Wake up, drink some coffee and struggle to determine a reason I should go into work when I don’t have to.

9:00 Finally get to work…make rounds and see how everyone’s summer went.

9:15-10:00 Comb the building trying to find my classroom stereo so I can listen to my iPod.

10:00-10:15 Space out and stare at the ceiling contemplating absolutely nothing

10:15-10:17 Unpack 1 box

10:17-10:20 Tired from unpacking the box, run around the building to find someone to chi chat with

10:21-11:35 Chit Chat with a fellow female faculty member about summertime revelries and exchange wild stories.

11:35-1:35 Go to lunch at Red Robin…fully capitalize on the complimentary endless baskets of freedom fries.

1:35-2:00 Get back to room only to research remote light dimmers for the Stein Theatre and to write this blog.

2:00 Go home tired and exhausted from a trying day at work.

I’d say in the entire day I really only did 2 minutes of good solid work. It's been a long summer, it's crucial to ease back into the swing of things!

1 comment:

TheBrothersChase said...

you should get this movie playing in the new theatre.......http://tv-links.co.uk/listings/4/652