Sunday, August 12, 2007

WHO CARES? I'M FLYING!


I had the privilege of riding out to the BTR crit with Jeff Gray. For those of you who do not know, Jeff was diagnosed with Leukemia just days before Christmas this past year. After chemotherapy this winter, Jeff is now in remission and back on the bike racing. Yesterday, he finished the race in the field and reported that, “he felt strong the whole race”.

After the race we went to Bell’s Brewery where Jeff enjoyed his first beer since discovering his sickness in December. I felt honored to share a beer with him as we toasted to life.

As I sat and listened to Jeff’s story about what he had been through in the last six months it dawned on me that he is this week’s very worthy recipient of the “Who Cares? I’m Flying” Award.

So lets all tip our cups to Jeff! He’s alive, he’s healthy and he’s flying.

1 comment:

kacey said...

Cheers to that!!!